Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Website Evaluation

I have used several websites dedicated towards education not only for assignments, but for my own personal growth in the past.  It was very helpful to have some sort of criteria to assess the validity of the sites. Previously, I have just gone by if I know that the publisher website is from a credible source. I  had not even thought about how compatible websites would be with special needs children, such as the tags when you scroll over a picture.  I did notice that on several of the games that are available on the website, there were several different options for instruction as well as learning levels.

Accessibility is definitely one thing that I will look more into as I begin to document more site for my future lesson planning.  I really enjoyed that PBS Teachers, the website that I evaluated, not only had games for my students, but it also had lessons plans to fit any topic that I could be covering.  Having a wide range for options for multiple learning styles will be essential for me to be able to get through to my students.


PBS Teachers Home Page

Options to Search Classroom Resources

Dino Tracks---Pattern Recognition

No comments:

Post a Comment