Monday, February 6, 2012

Wonderful Wikis

I was pleasantly surprised when I was introduced to using a Wiki.  I had never used them before, but they are truly a wonderful tool!  It is so easy to make information readily available to a peer group for editing and collaborating for a group project.

I was a little skeptical when we were linking all of our pages to the home page, although it made it so much easier to navigate the page.  I am not sure how younger children will be able to navigate a page that I create for them.  The link would have to be of a very large font, and formatted in such a way that would make it easy for their little eyes to see.  I think that this would be a great tool for use with upper elementary aged children when they are working on a small scale research project.  It would be very easy to make the appropriate research tools available on one page, and have them brainstorm on their own group page.  I hope to learn more about this awesome resource!

No comments:

Post a Comment