Thursday, April 12, 2012

ActivInspire

I really enjoyed learned how to use ActivInspire and Promethean Boards this week.  I had not had previous experience with working with any kind of interactive white board prior to this class.  I found that it is a wonderful tool that I plan on using in the future if my classroom was the technology.
I found the software to be pretty user-friendly although when I decided to do one of the more complicated features I had to google step by step instructions.  The menus are very easy to locate and use.  One of my favorite features that I found was the ability to insert YouTube videos using their HTML code.  When I had wanted to insert a video into a PowerPoint I found that I had to download the video and insert it that way.
I did not like that you had to click on each object individually.  I found that this process was very time consuming, especially when there were a lot of objects on the page.  I also did not like that the clipart seemed very limited.  I know that this problem can be fixed with resource packs, but I would have thought there would have been more to begin with.
I plan to use this tool in my classroom for interactive activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment