Monday, April 23, 2012

iMovie

This week I learned how to use iMovie, which is a tool for producing multimedia videos.  It can be used to tell stories in a digital format.  While it was very easy to interact with, I am not sure that it will be a very practical tool for my classroom.
The software itself is very self-explanatory, although it does take some time to get adjusted to it's format  I did not like that it was not very easy to move the different stills around.  I found that I also had to be very careful when I placed the subtitles onto the slides, because it would place the title for only part of the clip if I did not have the whole clip selected. I also found that it was very challenging to keep the time length of the slides consistent.  I was very disappointed that I could not save my project to DropBox so that I could work at it on my home computer.  I ended up just redoing my entire project, because I could not make it back to the lab.
Although I had some problems the program is typically very easy to use.  You can figure it out mostly by playing around with the program.  I like how simple it was to post to YouTube when I was done with my project.  If I use this tool in my classroom I will use it to post the stories that we are covering that week in class to my website.  I will use Picassa to share pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment